Etsy suspends accounts when we have reason to believe our policies have been violated to help ensure the integrity of our marketplace. How to unsuspend your account depends on how your account was suspended:
- An overdue balance: If your account was suspended for an overdue balance, you’ll see a banner in your Shop Manager letting you know. You’ll need to pay your amount due in order to reinstate your account.
- Permanent suspensions: If your account was permanently suspended, you’ll get an email letting you know. You may contact Etsy to appeal your permanently suspended account.
- Other suspensions: If your account was suspended for any other reason, you may receive an email letting you know why your account was suspended. Resolve the issue stated in the email, and then respond to that email to request that your account be reinstated.
My account was suspended for an overdue balance
If your account was suspended for an overdue balance, you’ll need to pay your amount due to reinstate your account. After you pay your balance, your account should be automatically unsuspended.
My account was permanently suspended
If your account privileges were permanently suspended due to a policy violation and you’d like to continue selling on Etsy, you may be eligible to file an appeal with Etsy.
Appeals may only be filed after account privileges are permanently suspended. Filing an appeal is not necessary for issues that are considered in progress, such as non-delivery or not-as-described cases. If you received an email indicating your account has been temporarily suspended, please review it for guidance.
Suspensions for violations of multiple policies or legal-related violations (e.g., repeat notices of intellectual property infringement) are not eligible for appeals . Learn more about intellectual property infringement notices.
If your account is permanently suspended from selling on Etsy, you cannot sign in to Etsy.com, and you’re not allowed to buy or sell on Etsy. You may not create a new account to buy or sell on Etsy.
Before you file an appeal, you must resolve all outstanding account issues, including resolving open cases and paying any outstanding balances.Appeal a suspension
When you contact us, include a detailed message, covering:
- A description of your business history with Etsy
- What factors led to your suspension
- Your plan to remediate the issues in your account
- Details about how the items you sell fit within Etsy’s policies
A specialist will review your appeal and your account history, and reply with a final decision over email. Due to the complex nature of these investigations, it can take up to several weeks to receive a decision.
We encourage you to be transparent and forthcoming with any details requested during the appeals process, as it is a seller’s final chance to potentially reopen their business on Etsy.
Submitting an appeal doesn’t guarantee reinstatement of your account privileges. The appeal only ensures that a qualified specialist will conduct a review of your account history and information to determine the status of your account.
If a specialist determines that your account will remain permanently closed, there will be no further consideration of reinstatement.
My account was suspended for another reason
If your account was suspended for any other reason, you may receive an email letting you know why your account was suspended. Resolve the issue stated in the email, and then respond to that email to request that your account be reinstated.
To name a few examples of why someone might be suspended on Etsy, a seller may list items that don’t qualify to be sold on Etsy, engage in disrespectful communication, receive a high rate of buyer complaints, or ship orders late.
If you’re a seller, before you contact Etsy to have your shop reviewed for reinstatement:
- Resolve any open cases your shop has received
- Refund or provide proof of shipping for all overdue orders
- Communicate with buyers about their order statuses
Depending on the reason your account was limited, you may see a banner in your Shop Manager displaying the status of your shop, and you may also receive an email from Etsy with details about the state of your account.
If you’ve received an email about your account status, you should respond directly to that email. However, if the email is from email@example.com and you have questions, select Contact support at the bottom of this page.
Some abilities and features are restricted when an account is suspended. If your account is suspended, you can’t:
- Place orders on Etsy
- Receive new orders, and your shop isn’t viewable on Etsy
- Access the Etsy apps
- Create listings in your shop
- Purchase or print Etsy shipping labels
- Cancel existing orders
- View reviews left by buyers in your shop
- Run an Etsy Ads campaign
- Your Star Seller badge may be removed, and the ability to become a Star Seller in the future may also be removed
You can continue to:
- Access your accounts by visiting Etsy.com using a web browser
- Read and respond to Messages, and create new Messages
- Mark orders as complete and upload tracking information
- Issue full and partial refunds
- View your case history and resolve those that are open
- View new and completed orders
- View and settle your balance in your Payment account
If your shop is removed from our search, your shop and listings won’t appear in search results on Etsy.
Buyers can still place orders if they have a direct link to your shop or a specific listing. You'll also continue to have access to all sections of your account in the Etsy apps and Etsy.com, including order history, cases, and Messages. You can issue refunds, cancel orders, and print Etsy shipping labels.
While your shop is unsearchable, you may be charged for ads from before your shop became unsearchable, but ads on Etsy.com won’t run and you won’t be charged fees for them. If a buyer purchases from your shop after clicking an Offsite Ad in the last 30 days, you will be charged.
Etsy may place your shop on pause via Vacation Mode. While in this state, your listings will no longer appear in our search results and cannot be purchased. If you’re running an Etsy Ads campaign, your ads won’t be displayed and you won’t be charged during this time. You also won’t be charged listing or subscription fees while your shop is on pause.