You can issue a full or partial refund for an order in your Shop Manager. To refund an order:
- On Etsy.com, click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- Click the … (ellipsis) icon next to the order you want to refund.
- Click Issue a refund.
- Select a Reason for issuing a refund and add an optional Message to buyer.
- If you want to refund the entire transaction, click the box by Issue a full refund. If you want to partially refund the transaction, enter the Amount to refund next to the item.
- Click Review refund.
- Click Submit.
If the buyer paid through Etsy Payments, then you’re done! However, if the buyer paid through another method, like PayPal without Etsy Payments, you’ll need to refund them through that payment method.
Can I refund an order through the Sell in Etsy app?
Yes, you can issue a full refund through the Sell on Etsy app. However, if you want to issue a partial refund, you need to use Etsy.com.
When can I refund a buyer for an order?
You can issue refunds for any reason, including:
- Any refund in accordance with your Shop Policies
- If you agree to issue a refund to the buyer
- If the buyer is overcharged for shipping
- If the buyer forgot to apply a shop coupon
How do I pay for a refund?
If you use Etsy Payments, the funds for the refund are deducted from your Payment account. If your Payment account doesn’t have enough funds to cover the refund, your credit card on file will be charged for the remaining amount. This charge will appear in your Payment account under Recent activities.
If you use another payment method, like PayPal without Etsy Payments, you’ll need to refund the order through that payment method.